Monday 28 April 2014

Ducky Steps Communication Issues

Since going on Easter break, I have found it increasingly difficult to contact the Director of Ducky Steps. This was because of the director not having any credit on their phone/ internet access being dodgy/ phone being turned off or misplaced. In another circumstance, I would have arranged a meeting face to face, however I know from experience that timekeeping isn't a skill the Director has greatly mastered so was reluctant to do so as I was very busy and didn't want to have to waste time waiting around for someone.

As a "solution" to these communication issues, I make a point of texting/ emailing and facebooking the Director about the same thing in order to make sure my message gets seen. It is a bit annoying but as long as it produces results I don't really mind doing it. For the organisation of our beach shoot, I gave my number to all the cast just in case they couldn't reach Anya.

However, still feel I am being kept out of the loop to certain extent in regards to the information the Director gives me. Often I find out information about problems that have arisen from other people, rather than from the Director themselves despite me confirming details and being reassured that certain details are sorted.

Obviously I realise that people sometimes get mixed up and make mistakes but I feel frustrated that I am trying to organise shoots but then find out that the Director is helping to shoot with another group.
I will be addressing the communication issues with the Director once I see her face to face, and get her home phone number off her so I know I can contact her on there if desperately needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment