Wednesday 14 May 2014

Ducky Steps: Logging and Reviewing Footage


After a shoot, I never feel a 100% relaxed until I see the footage either as rushes or in the editing programme. I had the footage on my laptop over the Easter break, however it was very low quality due to the programming on my computer and although I was happy with the majority of the shots, I couldn’t be certain due to them not playing in the right quality.

 
Sitting down with my Director as she logged the footage, we discovered that the final beach scene we had shot late at night was far too dark. The footage was grainy, and the small light we had used to try and illuminate the characters face was at times very obvious.

 As a result we have decided to reshoot the beach scenes. We have a better idea of what shots we want to do for it, so it wasn’t an entire waste. We were both happy with the rest of the beach scenes.

 
We are both also really happy with the scenes shot on Tuesday 6th May. Unfortunately I wasn’t present at that shoot as I couldn’t get out of my shift at work, and the shoot was only confirmed a couple of days beforehand. I was quite annoyed not be there, but I made sure I was on hand on the days leading up to the shoot to plan it and make sure the Director knew and was comfortable with what she was shooting on that day. I was told the shoot went well, but again, I wasn’t relaxed about it until I saw the footage.

 
Both the Director and I were really pleased with the Tuesday shoot scenes. I think the camera shots are interesting and the lighting reflects the film noir style of the film.

 
We do still have one small scene left to shoot in the studio. I found someone to play the character for Vera, and the Director and I met with her, and were really happy with her for the role. Unfortunately on the night before the shoot, the Vera texted me to tell me she had been called in to work when we had planned to film.

 
We decided to alter the script slightly so the character of Vera is no longer needed, as that character is causing too many problems and we need to get the remainder of the film shot.


 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment