Wednesday 14 May 2014

Vegetarian Documentary: Logging and Reviewing footage


I felt a lot more confident going in to look at the rushes of our interview with Richard with the Director. I think we both knew that the shots were a lot stronger and better thought out. It was a relief to see this reflected onscreen when we looked through the footage. I also feel that the sound recorded in the interview is a lot stronger and smoother than the sound recorded in the previous interview which I am glad about because as it is a documentary, sound is very important for the audience to hear the information. I used a boom mic to record sound for this interview rather than a lapel mic, as I found when I used a lapel mic on the first interview, it picked up a lot of rustling sounds whenever Lindsey touched her hair or shuffled in the seat, which was quite distracting. I also found it easier to maintain levels on this shoot as Richard had quite a clear, level voice whereas Lindsey’s voice grew in noticeable volume whenever she answered more of the question.

 

I think the main problem with our edit will be deciding which parts of the interview to include, and what parts to leave out, as I feel all of it is interesting and could teach people a lot about the vegetarian lifestyle and the stigma attached to it.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment